Sister Denton's Marvelous Mission: 3/7/11- Letter to the World

Monday, March 7, 2011

3/7/11- Letter to the World

Hello World!

Well...it's finally happened.  I'm getting transferred.  It was bound to happen sometime!  I've been in my first area almost 6 months!  A third of my mission.  Crazy, by the way!  I have less than a year left, depending on what transfer I come home.  18 months falls in between two transfers, so I'll either be home Feb 7, 2012 or March 20, 2012.



So, the best part of this week is still Emma.  She is truly incredible.  Ellie, her daughter, was blessed yesterday and it was really cool.  She said that at first she felt nervous, but after, she felt "loving and caring."  So cute.  Out of the mouths of babes.  We taught Emma about tithing and the commitment asks if you'll pay after your baptism.  She asked if she could do it this week (yesterday) even though she wasn't baptized yet.  She is just amazing.  That's all there is to it.  We had her try on her baptism dress yesterday and she couldn't stop smiling.  She said it made her feel free.  We also talked some about going through the temple in a year, and she is just SO excited for that day.  Sister Johnson and I will both be home from our missions, so we're going to come out for it to the DC temple!  We discussed doing baptisms right away and that she can find her own family's names to allow them to move from Spirit Prison to Spirit Paradise and she really liked that idea.  Emma truly is a blessing from our Heavenly Father.  She is already doing so much good and she is going to bless SO many people because of this.

Saturday was awesome again and strengthened my testimony that as we do as we're asked, we'll be blessed.  Again, in the 6th hour of tracting, we saw the most results.  Heavenly Father works that way a lot.  For instance, with family scripture study.  We may not see blessings from it right away, but as we truly show that we're committed to it, they'll come rolling in.

Random funny for the week--there are a lot of Marquees in Pennsylvania.  Two we saw this week were:

Our shop man is extra god.

Dairy Queen.  Opening March 3.  Better than kittens climbing a double rainbow.

Well, I guess that's it for the week!

I'll let you know where I am next week!

Sister Denton

No comments:

Post a Comment