Sister Denton's Marvelous Mission: 3/14/11- Letter to the World

Monday, March 14, 2011

3/14/11- Letter to the World

Well, world, I'm in Lititz!  In Millersville, I was in the Lancaster 2nd Ward.  Here, I'm in the Lancaster 3rd Ward!  Same building, same district, same county!  It's great to be able to see some of my favorite people from my last area at church on Sunday!  The Lord loves me so much!  A few transfers ago, the Lancaster District split and we became part of the Ephrata District, but my District Leader from Lancaster became our District Leader in Ephrata.  I was sad leaving, because he'd been my only district leader and then I got transferred to the other area he's over!  I'm also excited to stay in the area because it's the only area that I know of where there are so many missionaries so close to each other.  It makes P-Days a lot more fun!
Emma had asked me to sing and speak at her baptism.  I kept saying she'd have to find someone else and she kept telling me that she was praying for me to go to Lititz so I could still go to her baptism.  That woman has amazing faith!  In order for me to be here, a couple of things had to happen.  We have a temple square sister in State College right now.  They usually come out for 2 transers.  Never in our mission have they stayed longer.  She stayed longer, so I am actually in a tripanionship with Sister Anderson and Sister Green, both of whom are AWESOME.  Sister Green is waiting for her visa to Brazil and could leave at any time.


The baptism was absolutely phenomenal.  The Spirit was so strong.  It was super hard for me to even speak at the beginning of my talk.  Emily is such a wonderful daughter of God.  It was such a tender mercy of the Lord for me to be able to attend.  If I had been transferred to any of the other sisters areas, there would have been no way.  I realized another tender mercy, too!  Sister Johnson and I had told Emma that we would be there in a year as she goes through the temple.  Technically, I could be released either Feb 7 or Mar 20.  Mar 20 would be after a year, and I really don't want to make her wait.  I realized last night, though, that because she was baptized on a Sunday, she's not getting confirmed until next Sunday...the 20th of Mar.  So I really could go!!  I love evidences of Heavenly Father's love for us!!!
This week has been amazing.  Sister Green, Sister Anderson, and I get along SO well.  We seem to be always smiling and laughing (except of course when we need to be serious :D).  In Lititz before this week, the average "other lessons" would be around 10.  Millersville was around that too.  Last week, we got 29.  It's just amazing to see the Lord let us find all of these people who are actually willing to listen to us!  We met one woman last week, Sara, who is amazing.  We have another appointment with her tonight.  When we asked her to pray to know if the Book of Mormon is true she said, "Well if you are all out teaching about it, it must be.  You wouldn't come share about a lie, would you?"  She also said that she'd been praying to get closer to Christ and recognized that we may be the answer to her prayer!   We found another woman that we have an appointment with this week, too!
We also have a couple we're teaching who is a referral from the Ephrata elders.  They are teaching Ethan's parents and brother and sister-in-law and they are trying to get another sibling in the area.  We have another appointment with Ethan and his wife Rebecca next week, so hopefully you'll hear more then!  They have a snake, so I got to hold him!
The people in this area seem to be wonderful.  The ward is absolutely fabulous at helping with missionary work.  There are some great people we're working with!  We have two Recent Converts that I am especially excited to be working with!  One is Sister Balinski--she was praying to come closer to God when the Sister Missionaries showed up a little over a year ago.  She is rock-solid.  I love her testimony!  The other is Tyson, who I wrote about around Christmas time when I was in the tri.  He was baptized in December and is just incredible.  There really aren't words to describe the changes he's made in his life.  His testimony blows me out of the water.  I love Recent Converts!  I love investigators!  I love missionary work!!
Well, that's it for the week, I guess!  We have a Leadership Traning Meeting on Saint Patrick's Day, which should be fun!
Love you all!
Sister Denton!

No comments:

Post a Comment