Sister Denton's Marvelous Mission: 12/13/10- Letter to the World

Monday, December 13, 2010

12/13/10- Letter to the World

So...this was an AWESOME week!

Really Spiritual
Really Cool
Really Funny

Monday--I received music for the musical number for Wednesday at the Mission Tour.  It was What Child is This  and Carol of the Bells.  Elder Duron had rewritten Carol of the Bells to be in the same key as What Child is This and we worked for 30 minutes or so to try and make an arrangement of the two over the phone.  It actually turned out REALLY cool!  I'll hopefully send the video so people can see it :D  It was SO fun to work with music like that again--arranging it and changing it and having to use my music theory knowledge.  I LOVED and while thinking about it after definitely felt like the Spirit was leading me to enlarge my mind to be able to do that to make an awesome musical number.

Wednesday--MISSION TOUR!!  Elder Gavarett of the 70 came (see this month's Ensign in Christmas Traditions).  He was AMAZING!  Right from the get-go, he started making changes to the program and kept quoting D&C 46:2 which says the Elders should conduct meetings by the Spirit.  It was so cool.  I was in the second row and he kept teaching from in front of the podium, so I was WAY close!  I got to talk to him a few times and Sister Longmore got interviewed by him!  Crazy!  The meeting was WONDERFUL :D

Thursday--We taught Mandy for the first time since her baptism and it was amazing to see how much more in tune with the scriptures and the Spirit she was!

Friday--We had a meeting planned with the Millers, but they canceled right before.  Bro. Jacobson had come with us, so we ended up going to a PM/LA family.  We teach to the children to avoid offending the father, but the lesson was GREAT and ended up with a discussion with him and what his reservations toward the church are.  He doesn't think there IS a true church, and as such doesn't believe our claim that we are that church.  Sister Longmore gave him a copy of the 17 Points of the True Church.

Saturday--The CHRISTMAS PARTY!!!!!  It was AWESOME!  I had a blast and we had lots of NM and LA there!  One of the coolest parts was the 12 Days of Christmas.  They'd laid the parts around the room and those near the sign had to sing their part.  It left us all in peals of laughter.

Sunday--THE MILLERS CAME TO CHURCH!!!!!!!  We were just a little excited about that :D  AND they asked if they could sit closer next time.  NEXT TIME!  They were fellowshipped really well and our ward really stepped up to the plate.  We also had a phenomenal lesson on the Restoration with a family in the ward that evening.  The Spirit was strong as we testified of the Prophet Joseph Smith.

Cool Message from Paul for the day--1 Cor 1:  12-13

"Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

Is Christ divided?  was Paul crucifed for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?"

Read that last verse with the emphasis I included.  Was PAUL crucified for you?  Was Mary?  Was Job?  I don't think so!  So why are there so few churches with Christ's name?

I love Paul.  Just sayin'.

Love ya'll!

Sister Denton

O ya--Sister Longmore and I are staying in the Millersville area until at least Jan 26!

No comments:

Post a Comment