Sister Denton's Marvelous Mission: 10/11/10- Letter to the World

Monday, October 11, 2010

10/11/10- Letter to the World

This'll have to be SUPER short.

I wrote some lyrics this week for a friend that I want to share.

Sometimes in life, I wonder
Did I really know life would be hard?
Could I really have agreed to come down here
if I knew these things were in the cards?

Did I know that I'd have to struggle?
And sometimes feel oh so alone?
And feel like I can't ever do something right?
Or do anything but whine and moan?

I know that I am a daughter of God
but sometimes that isn't enough
When for days on end I feel so overwhelmed
And think all that I do is fluff.

On days when I just want it easy
I find myself slightly chagrined
When the Spirit itself beareth witness to me
that it never was easy for Him

In Gethsemane I might spend a moment or two
To Calvary a step or two climb
Christ did so much more and He suffered for me
He gave His life so I'd have mine.

I added this the next day

So life up your head and be joyous
Whenever it's hard, think of Christ
and live your life as His disciple
with all of your heart mind and might.

Anyway....ya missions aren't easy, but neither is life.  Hopefully that'll help someone, because it helps me when I'm feeling overwhelmed.

YeYang is doing GREAT!  This week she said how much she misses church and was excited for it Sunday and after church she said she felt it was so short because everything is so interesting!  We had an addiction recovery combined RS/Priesthood and she said how much she loved it because it really made her think about how people are suffering.  Her testimony strengthens mine SO much!!

That's it for today!  Sorry, I had LOTS to respond to in my inbox.  Time's up!  Love you all!

Sister Denton

No comments:

Post a Comment